So last night I decided last minute to make a quick dessert, using some Peanut Butter Oreos that my husband had bought a few packs of, to take to my in laws to enjoy after dinner. I had been out during the day so I rushed to Coles to get the remaining ingredients and had it made within the hour. The cheesecake is so easy and quick to prepare and most importantly tasty and indulgent! A small slice was satisfying with a strong cup of tea and went down a treat with everyone!
Some followers on my instagram wanted the recipe so I've attached it below. Hope you all enjoy it as much I did.
150g Peanut Butter Oreos
70g melted unsalted butter
250g cream cheese
1/2 cup crunch peanut butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup double cream ( & 3 tbsp extra)
1 small bar of Toblerone
1. In a food processor I blitzed the Oreo biscuits until they became a crumb. I tried to avoid making the crumbs too fine for some texture. Take out 3 tbsp of the biscuit mix and set aside (you will need this for the cream cheese mix). Mix in the melted butter with the biscuit
2. Line a 8 inch circle baking tin with some baking paper , both the bottom and the sides of the tin. ( I used a tin that was 1.5inch high) Pour and press the Oreo mix into the tin and press down with the back of spoon, until it is all even. Place into the fridge to harden.
3. In a small box whisk up 1/2 cup of the double cream using an electric whisk, until it it light and forms soft peaks.
4. In a separate bowl add in the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar and mix until smooth and well combined. ( you can use the same electric whisk, no need to wash the whisk).
5. Add the whipped cream mix and the remaining Oreo crumb to the cream cheese and mix until combined.
6. Take out the Oreo crumb from the fridge and pour the cream cheese mix over and spread to create an even top. Place back into the fridge to set. I left my cheesecake in the fridge for a total of about 4 hours.
7. Half way through the cheesecake being in the fridge, make the ganache. I used a Toblerone bar and melted it over a bain-marie (a glass bowl sitting over a pan of hot water, simmering on the hob). Once the chocolate had melted I added 3 tbsp of the cream and mixed well.
8. When the chocolate mix had cooled a little, I poured it over the cheesecake and then put int back into the fridge to set.
9. After a good 4 hours in the fridge , take the cheesecake out of the tin , remove the baking paper gently and place onto a serving plate.
10. Slice up the cheesecake and enjoy!
You can use a different chocolate if you do not like Toblerone.
You can use more than just a small bar, if you want a thicker chocolate layer, Just add more cream.
You can sprinkle some chopped peanuts on top of the ganache.
Freeze the cheesecake if you don't have 4 hours to wait.
Use Smooth Peanut butter if you prefer, I like it chunky!
You can use chunky pieces of Oreo in the cream cheese mix if you like texture rather than using blitzed crumbs.