Skin care products can be bulky, you really have to make sure you are picking the essentials. On my recent holiday I had to be very picky with what I took and that was not easy and I off course took so much extra! In the end I only used a few products consistently, which did actually result in my skin feeling amazing and glowing.
Like I mentioned in my 'Travel Essentials : Make up' post, I learnt that you don't need everything and having just a few favourites does the trick. That of course will leave lots of space for other Items!
So my suggestion for when travelling from my experience:
1. Cleanser: One good cleanser is fine. I love the Super Facialist Vitamin C By Una Brennan Cleanser. Its light enough for the mornings and also great to melt and cleanse my face after a long day of makeup.
2. Pre Cleanse: I enjoy using Bioderma in the evenings. This will remove surface make up and melt my mascara before I went in with a oil cleanser.
3. Acid Tone: I like to acid tone in the mornings and evenings. I usually use two different types but whilst travelling I opted for First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads. These are pre-soaked so I didn't need extra cotton pads. Each pad is soaked enough for a generous use. The pad's don't dry up and these were great and handy.
5. Hydrate Tone: I hydrate tone mostly in the mornings and I have found that the La Roche-Posay Serozinc is lasting me a long time! You get a fine mist settling on your entire face which can take a few mins to dry up. I find that the Zinc Sulphate solution helps with my oily blemish probe skin.
6. Eye Cream: Eye creams dont take up a lot of space and I like to take two. One for the AM's and the other for night time. I love the Origins GinZing eye cream. It depuffs and brightens. Its a salmon pink colour to counteract darkness and also have tiny sparkles to reflect light so is perfect for the mornings. In the evenings I have been loving Khiels Midnight recovery eye cream. Its of a rich consistency which sinks into my skin to work its magic for the rest of the night.
7. Serum: I do usually use a serum in the morning, but on holiday I only used one at night time. This can be used both AM and PM so had dual use. The Tata Harpers Rejuvinating serum was mostly used in the PM to help my skin recover from the scorching day in the sun. The sample size was great for packing. Its light in consistency so doesn't feel to heavy to use a night cream on top.
8. I have been using the Body Shop Vitamin E Night cream for as long as I can remember. It rich and creamy and great to end to the day with. It nourishes my skin throughout the night whilst I sleep. The Vitamin E has skin healing properties which I swear by. On a really bad day I like to squeeze some oil out of a Vitamin E capsule for an Extra Boost.
9. The day has to end with Nuxe Reve de Miel Baume Levres Ultra-Nourrissant Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm. I love love love this! Its a waxy consistency and last all night on the lips, resulting in protected supple lips in the morning. I praise the long lasting properties, compared to other light coverage balms.
So that's it! That is all I used for an entire 3 weeks away for my daily skin care routine. I actually felt my skin looked great and kept hydrated and soft. I felt that using the same products for a period of time, let their properties work and show effect, rather then using different items on a daily basis.
What are your travel skin care must haves?